Have you heard the story about the guy who started off with a paperclip and within a year had traded his way up to owning his first home? Here is a link to his blog http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/2005/09/one-red-generator.html
As I was brainstorming, I remembered hearing his story, and it got me thinking “what if he had started with a Barbie?”… the possibilities are endless!
I thought it would be fun to create a list of possible up-trades, starting with one Barbie, and ending some something completely awesome, without any additional cost:
- Start with 1 Barbie
- Trade the Barbie for a Playboy magazine
- Trade the Playboy for a new picture frame
- Trade the picture frame for a gently used Sony DVD player
- Trade the DVD player for a Dewalt power drill
- Trade the power drill for an air compressor
- Trade the air compressor for Jon boat with a 15hp motor
- Trade the Jon boat and motor for motorcycle
- Trade the motorcycle for a highway billboard sign
- Trade the billboard sign for lifetime free coupon for Kraft cheese
- Trade the free cheese for an RV (gently used)
- Trade the RV for a hot air balloon business
- Trade the hot air balloon business for an original Van Gogh
- Trade the Van Gogh for a vacation home in Cabo
- Trade the vacation home in Cabo for NOTHING, BECAUSE YOU CAN LIVE FOR FREE IN CABO!!!
This is a picture of Kyle MacDonald’s house, courtesy of that one red paperclip.